Monday, September 5, 2011

Studying in Poland

Welcome to my blog!! On this page, I will document my travels and activities during my time as a Fulbright student at the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw, Poland. This coming Sunday, September 11, 2011, I will fly to Poland. I'm not sure that I picked the best day to fly; the 10th anniversary of the Twin Towers attack. Hopefully there will be no problems, though, I am expecting airport security to be more intense than usual.

While I am in Poland, I will be studying with composer Paweł Łukaszewski. This is a great year to be studying with him because he is the composer-in-residence with the Polish National Philharmonic. He also has many exciting premiers this year including one from the King's Singers. I will sing in his cathedral choir and help run rehearsals at times. My most recent choral work, "Ave Redemptor" will be featured on this year's CD project of sacred women's chorus pieces.

Needless to say, I'm very excited to be living and working in Poland with such talented people. I will miss my family a ton, but they are in good hands at my parents home in Utah.

More to come soon!!

5 comments:

  1. Glad we'll be able to keep in touch! :) maybe I'll do our blog so u can see what we're up to while you're away..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your experiences - so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all so proud of you and your accomplishments! I look forward to reading your blog. Best wishes for an uneventful trip over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mam nadzieję, że byłeś nauki polskiej!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that you are there and have probably settled in we need an update!

    ReplyDelete